Haryana

Rohtak Gangrape : Challan to be submitted in a month

May 19, 2017 07:31 AM

Sonepat: BS Sandhu, DGP, said that the police challan in connection with the gangrape of 23-year-old Sonepat girl would be submitted in court in a month. The DGP said the case would be pursued on daily basis. Taking serious notice of the negligence on part of the police officials in the case, the DGP said that ASIs Joginder Singh and Samunder Singh had been suspended and Ajai Malik, SHO at city police station in Sonepat, shifted to the Police Lines.

The DGP also met the members of the bereaved family at their residence in Sant Kabir Colony. He was accompanied by Deputy Commissioner KM Pandurang, SP Ashwin Shenvi and Assistant Superintendent of Police DK Bhardwaj. He assured the family that the alleged accused would be punished.

He reiterated that the safety and security of women was the top priority of the police, adding that the DSPs and the SHOs had been instructed to act prompt in such cases. “The calls received on toll free number 1091 are being monitored by officers of the DSP rank,” Sandhu claimed.

He also said that a team had been formed under IGP Hisar range to probe into the complaint by a Patiala-based trader against former SP, Fatehabad. Two officers of SP and DSP rank have also been included in the team.

Punjab Khabar
Have something to say? Post your comment

Punjab Khabar

#1368, Sector-40B, Chandigarh
Phone: +91 172 2697799
Mobile: +91 9417270345
Email : punjabkhabaronline@gmail.com
Copyright © 2015 Punjab Khabar All rights reserved.
Website Designed by Mozart Infotech